Gun seized and four arrested in Mississauga car theft investigation
Published November 15, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Four men were arrested and a gun was seized in the course of an investigation into a stolen car in Mississauga.
Shortly after 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 13, Peel Regional Police learned a car had been stolen from the Erin Mills Pkwy. and Sheridan Way area. The busy intersection is home to numerous hotels and shopping plazas.
The officers launched an investigation which led them to get a search warrant for one of the hotels. Police did not specify which one saying only that they raided an “accommodation facility.”
During the raid they found an illegal .45 Calibre Semi-Automatic handgun and ammo. They also arrested four 22-year-old Mississauga men including; Sufiyan Naqvi, Guled Abdullahi, Ediris Moallin and Waheeb Ahmed.
All four of them have been charged with;
- two counts of possession of property obtained by crime,
- possession of break-in instruments. possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition,
- knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- careless storage of a firearm,
- possession of a prohibited device for a dangerous purpose,
- possession of a car master key, and
- possession of a device to obtain computer service
Police did not specify the nature of the “devices.” However, the gun pictured appears to have a light of some sort under the barrel. Naqvi was additionally charged with breaking a release order. All four men remain in custody until a bail hearing in a Brampton courtroom.
Anyone with pertinent information can call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising