Gun, crack-cocaine and other drugs seized in traffic stop, 3 Brampton residents charged
Published May 30, 2023 at 8:28 am
Drugs and a loaded gun were seized and three Brampton residents charged after police stopped a vehicle suspected of speeding in Huntsville.
Police stopped the vehicle on Highway 11 in Huntsville just before midnight on May 28, OPP said in a press release.
Officers found a loaded Glock 9 mm handgun and baton, 582.5 grams of methamphetamine, 46 grams of crack-cocaine and 67 grams of suspected fentanyl. All the items were seized.
Three male City of Brampton residents and one male from the Town of Bradford face the following charges:
- Possession of a schedule 1 drug for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammo
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a prohibited device or ammunition
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Breach of firearms regulations – transport firearm or restricted weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
One of the males was also charged with failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court. Another was also charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
Police did not name the men charged.
Three of the males were held for bail and one male released on an undertaking.
Anyone with information about suspected unlawful activity should call OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477).insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising