Gun allegedly pointed a woman, firearms seized in intimate partner violence investigation in Mississauga
Published November 6, 2023 at 9:06 am
A Mississauga man faces charges in connection to an intimate partner violence investigation.
The investigation started after a man allegedly assaulted a woman, pointed a firearm at her and threatened to shoot another person, Peel Regional Police said in press release today (Nov. 6).
Officers searched the home of the reported incident on Oct. 31 and seized two prohibited firearms, ammunition and drugs, police said.
Brian Gyeni, a 32-year-old man from Mississauga faces a long list of charges including:
- Uttering threats to cause bodily harm or death
- Point firearm
- Assault (four counts)
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of firearm contrary to order
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (two counts)
- Tampering with serial number (two counts)
- Possession of prohibited/restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of prohibited firearm (two counts)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators from the Intimate Partner Violence Unit at 905-453-3311, ext. 4990.
Or contact Crime Stoppers to leave an anonymous tip at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or www.peelcrimestoppers.cainsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising