Grandfather from Mississauga enjoying big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Hugh Lawrence is $107,628.70 richer after winning a Lotto Max second prize in the Feb. 28, 2020 draw.
Lawrence matched six numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize.
OLG says the 84-year old father of four and grandfather of many discovered his win by calling OLG to find out the winning numbers.
“I noticed that I had all of these matching numbers, but I didn’t know how much I had won,” he told OLG.
“Then I scanned my ticket at the store and the cashier said, ‘you’re a big winner!’ I was so excited I felt like I was flying - straight up in the air.”
OLG says Lawrence, who is retired, will celebrate his win with a nice dinner out and invest the rest of his winnings.
“This win gives me more independence and the ability to help my grandchildren,” he told OLG. “I’ve worked hard my whole life and have always wanted a comfortable retirement while still helping my family. I feel so blessed.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Deer Run Market on Creditview Road in Mississauga.
- Police on scene for males fighting with bats in Mississauga
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 82 year old motorcyclist dead following crash in Mississauga
- Hugely popular dessert restaurant coming to Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist without vital signs after highway crash in Mississauga