Grandfather from Mississauga enjoying big lotto win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Hugh Lawrence is $107,628.70 richer after winning a Lotto Max second prize in the Feb. 28, 2020 draw.
Lawrence matched six numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize.
OLG says the 84-year old father of four and grandfather of many discovered his win by calling OLG to find out the winning numbers.
“I noticed that I had all of these matching numbers, but I didn’t know how much I had won,” he told OLG.
“Then I scanned my ticket at the store and the cashier said, ‘you’re a big winner!’ I was so excited I felt like I was flying - straight up in the air.”
OLG says Lawrence, who is retired, will celebrate his win with a nice dinner out and invest the rest of his winnings.
“This win gives me more independence and the ability to help my grandchildren,” he told OLG. “I’ve worked hard my whole life and have always wanted a comfortable retirement while still helping my family. I feel so blessed.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Deer Run Market on Creditview Road in Mississauga.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca