Grade 7 Student from Mississauga Victim of Horrific Fatal Car Crash
A grade 7 student from Mississauga has been identified as one of the victims of a horrific fatal car crash that occurred in Mississauga's west end on Sunday night.
In a letter to families, Erin Mills Middle School principal Monika Hurford wrote that 13-year-old Keziah Edwards-Young died in the tragic late night collision that killed three people and injured several others.
The crash took place in the later hours of Sunday evening in the Winston Churchill and QEW area.
"This tragedy has brought great sadness to the students and staff at Erin Mills. Keziah was a well liked student--a valuable member of our school community. We will miss him."
Hurford said that members of the Peel District School Board’s Critical Incident Response Team will be available at the school to provide counselling to Edwards-Young’s friends, classmates and other staff and students.
She added that the counsellors will remain at our school as long as they are needed.
"Keziah’s passing is deeply felt by everyone at the school," Hurford wrote. "Even students who did not personally know Keziah may be affected by this loss."
The school's flag has been lowered to half-mast in the wake of the tragedy.
A table has also been set up in the library where staff and students can leave messages of remembrance and condolence.
Photo courtesy of Google Maps
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- J-Pop Concert Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- One Male Injured Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- A Flood Watch is Officially In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- ONE on ONE VIDEO: Newly Crowned Miss Universe Canada, Marta Stepien
- Peel School Board Hears Proposals to Help Black Students
- Two Mississauga High School Graduates Tied For Top Grade Average
- Victims ID'd in Horrific Crash on Mississauga-Oakville Border
- High School Set to Reopen After Explosion in Mississauga
- Will the Peel District School Board Cancel Trips to U.S. in Wake of Trump’s Travel Ban?