Google Opens a Retail Location in Mississauga
Well, here's some good news for all you tech-savvy readers out there—Google just opened a retail location in Mississauga.
Now, the store is not a standalone operation. It's actually a "shop within a shop" in the Heartland Town Centre Best Buy, but it's one of only four large-scale North American retail outlets for Google Canada.
Google shops allow consumers to access the company's array of hardware, such as Pixel, Daydream View and Chromecast Ultra. All of the shops—the other three are located in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver—are located in Best Buy stores and the partnership between the mega electronics store and Google is part of Best Buy's redesigned "experience stores."
“We are thrilled about the launch of our newly renovated stores and to showcase the new Google shops,” says Ron Wilson, President and COO of Best Buy Canada. “We are committed to providing our customers with the best service and the most exciting tech. We can’t wait for the public to enjoy the special in-store experiences.”
Although 10 smaller Google shops were introduced in Best Buy stores in October, today's openings are significantly grander.
The shopping experience is designed to be pretty engaging and interactive (as one might expect). Visitors can try Portal, an "immersive super-sized display where they can ‘fly’ over anywhere on the planet through Google Earth, explore what people around the world are searching for and play other fun Google apps." Shoppers are also welcome to book appointments with Google guides, participate in daily workshops and take part in seasonal events led by YouTube creators and popular tech experts.
- You Can Play "Where's Waldo?" on Google Maps in Mississauga
- Google Shutting Down Program Following Major Data Breach
- Google expands Canadian presence with offices in Waterloo, Montreal and Toronto
- Apple and Google collaborating to create COVID-19 contact tracing technology
- Mario's Taking Over Google Maps in Mississauga!
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 625 new cases and on track for 1,000 a day, modelling shows
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Many businesses forced to freeze salaries next year due to pandemic