GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs closing across Canada
In order to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, GoodLife is closing all of its GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs across Canada.
"Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been carefully monitoring the progression of the virus and closely following the advice of Canada’s public health authorities," David Patchell-Evans, founder and CEO of GoodLife Fitness, wrote in an email to members.
"As the virus continues to spread in communities across Canada, and with Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer raising the public risk to ‘serious,’ we are seeing the need for increasingly bold action to reduce the transmission."
Patchell-Evans said the company has made the "difficult but important decision" to close all GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less Clubs across Canada, effective immediately.
"Our purpose has always been to give every Canadian the opportunity to live a fit and healthy life. There is no moment in our history where that purpose is more important than today. Like other businesses across the country, we are closing our doors to further limit the spread of this virus and to protect the most vulnerable in our community. It is the right thing to do," he wrote.
Patchell-Evans said the GoodLife team is currently working on digital at-home fitness options. He also said the company will continue to pay all of its employees for the next two weeks.
"We look forward to welcoming them all back when we reopen," he wrote.
According to the letter, all member payments are being suspended as of Tuesday, March 17 and any paid-in-full memberships will be put on freeze until further notice and expiry dates will be extended accordingly.
- Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
- Community spread of COVID-19 within Canada now rising, Tam says
- Canada prepared to monitor for community spread of COVID-19: Tam
- Peel Public Health strongly supports closing bars, dine-in restaurants, nightclubs and theatres, effective 12:01 a.m.
- This Popular Home Décor Store is Closing its Doors Across Canada
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices