GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
A woman dead after a shooting in Mississauga now has a GoFundMe page set up by her family.
Around 2:50 a.m. on Monday, July 8, officers responded to a bar in the area of Torbram and Drew Road for a shooting.
"Upon arrival, a 24-year-old woman from London was located at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound and died as a result of her injury," police say.
According to The London Free Press, the victim is identified as London woman Jackline Keji Gore, who was not the intended target of the shooting.
Her GoFundMe, organized by family member Johnson Gore, was set up to support the Gore family and help cover funeral expenses.
“She was a young, beautiful, loving, and caring person who always smiled and laughed,” according to the fundraiser page.
The page was set up on Wednesday, July 10. As of July 12 it has raised $20,560 from 204 donors, far surpassing its goal of $10,000.
Police are continuing to investigate the shooting. At this time no suspects have been arrested or identified.
This is the tenth homicide of the year in Peel.
Photo courtesy of GoFundMe
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Victim in Mississauga Shooting Identified as London Woman
- Family and Police Seeking Answers After University Student Gunned Down in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting