GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
A woman dead after a shooting in Mississauga now has a GoFundMe page set up by her family.
Around 2:50 a.m. on Monday, July 8, officers responded to a bar in the area of Torbram and Drew Road for a shooting.
"Upon arrival, a 24-year-old woman from London was located at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound and died as a result of her injury," police say.
According to The London Free Press, the victim is identified as London woman Jackline Keji Gore, who was not the intended target of the shooting.
Her GoFundMe, organized by family member Johnson Gore, was set up to support the Gore family and help cover funeral expenses.
“She was a young, beautiful, loving, and caring person who always smiled and laughed,” according to the fundraiser page.
The page was set up on Wednesday, July 10. As of July 12 it has raised $20,560 from 204 donors, far surpassing its goal of $10,000.
Police are continuing to investigate the shooting. At this time no suspects have been arrested or identified.
This is the tenth homicide of the year in Peel.
Photo courtesy of GoFundMe
- Victim in Mississauga Shooting Identified as London Woman
- GoFundMe page set up for children of a woman who was murdered in Mississauga
- GoFundMe donation page set up for family of deceased Brampton motorcyclist
- GoFundMe page created for man who died trying to save cousins
- Victim of fatal shooting in Vaughan identified as Peel resident
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga