GoFundMe page created for man who died trying to save cousins
A GoFundMe page has been created for a Mississauga man who drowned in Lake Huron trying to save his cousins.
Aleem Ramji died Sept. 3 during a family trip to Kincardine to watch the sunset over the lake.
According to reports, his two female cousins were knocked into the water by a wave and he jumped in to pull them out.
The girls were eventually saved by others but Ramji did not survive.
Subsequently, a resident of Kincardine started the GoFundMe page to help his family with funeral and other expenses.
So far, more than $7,000 has been raised.
The page can be reached at www.gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-kincardine-hero-aleem-ramji.
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- GoFundMe page set up for children of a woman who was murdered in Mississauga
- GoFundMe started for Mississauga nurse who died from COVID-19
- GoFundMe campaign for Mississauga nurse who died of COVID-19 surpasses $20,000 goal
- Mississauga Animal Rescue Organization on Mission to Save Dogs in Tennessee
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- By far the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario is in Mississauga and Brampton
- Average home price officially hits $1 million in Mississauga