GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
The Toronto Raptors parade is now in full swing, and it’s a wildly packed event.
Just before noon, the city of Toronto reported that Nathan Phillips Square has reached max capacity.
No one else will be allowed on the Square as a result.
Nathan Phillips Square is at capacity, no one else will be allowed on the Square. Watch the parade + rally on big screen at Coronation Park. Everyone onsite: please celebrate safely… @TorontoPolice want you to be able to enjoy the entire event! #WeTheNorthDay #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/D9AfdMnEZr— City of Toronto (@cityoftoronto) June 17, 2019
Meanwhile, GO Transit expects Raptors fans to heading back home at the same time as the usual rush hour commuters.
“We anticipate trains to be excessively packed,” says GO Transit’s Lakeshore West Train account on Twitter.
“For the safety of everyone we are asking people who can leave work early to please do so.”
Enjoy the parade and stay safe!
Photo courtesy of @cityoftoronto
- VIDEOS AND PHOTOS: Massive Fire Causes Chaos in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Businesses Evacuated After Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Mississauga Family Seeking Help After Grandmother Suffers a Stroke While on Vacation
- Biggest Japanese Food Festival Happening This Weekend in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Collision In Mississauga
- You Can Watch the Upcoming Raptors Parade at Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Here's Why Doug Ford Won't March In The Raptors' Parade
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- A Toronto Raptor is Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Christmas Market Coming to Mississauga at the Expense of the Santa Claus Parade