GO Trains halted in Brampton after body found near tracks: Peel Police
Published June 1, 2022 at 7:24 am
Peel Regional Police are investigating after a man was found dead near train tracks in Brampton Wednesday morning (June 1).
According to police, officers were called to the area of John and James St in Brampton shortly before 6 a.m. after the deceased man had been found.
Circumstances surrounding the man’s death are unknown and police said they are unable to provide further information at this time.
– John St/James St in #Brampton
– Deceased male located near train tracks
– Trains have been stopped for investigation
– Unknown circumstances at this time
– No further information
– C/R at 5:52 a.m.
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) June 1, 2022
Meanwhile, trains through the area have been stopped for the investigation.
GO Train service between Brampton and Bramalea GO has been cancelled. Alternatives for travelling through the area include:
- GO Buses will run between Malton GO and Pearson to connect with UP Express
- GO Buses will run from Brampton GO and Bramalea GO to 407 Bus Terminal to connect with TTC
For the most up-to-date service information, visit GO Transit’s website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising