GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
Metrolinx tweeted out late Tuesday afternoon that GO Train service along the Lakeshore East and Milton corridors has been suspended.
“As the result of developing safety incidents near Guildwood & Kipling GO stations, GO train service on the Lakeshore East & Milton corridors is suspended,” the Tweet says.
“We are currently working on contingency plans to get customers home.”
Metrolinx says they will be providing updates shortly.
As the result of developing safety incidents near Guildwood & Kipling GO stations, GO train service on the Lakeshore East & Milton corridors is suspended. We are currently working on contingency plans to get customers home & will provide an update shortly 1/4— Metrolinx (@Metrolinx) February 25, 2020
This comes as services on the Lakeshore West line were significantly disrupted throughout the day Tuesday as a blockade was erected on the tracks between Burlington and Hamilton.
A court injunction has been served to the protestors who demonstrate in solidarity with Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs.
They have yet to comply with the order.
More to come.
- With files from the Canadian Press
Update: The Lakeshore East line is now moving. The Milton line is still suspended.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Mississauga up to 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga