GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
Metrolinx tweeted out late Tuesday afternoon that GO Train service along the Lakeshore East and Milton corridors has been suspended.
“As the result of developing safety incidents near Guildwood & Kipling GO stations, GO train service on the Lakeshore East & Milton corridors is suspended,” the Tweet says.
“We are currently working on contingency plans to get customers home.”
Metrolinx says they will be providing updates shortly.
As the result of developing safety incidents near Guildwood & Kipling GO stations, GO train service on the Lakeshore East & Milton corridors is suspended. We are currently working on contingency plans to get customers home & will provide an update shortly 1/4— Metrolinx (@Metrolinx) February 25, 2020
This comes as services on the Lakeshore West line were significantly disrupted throughout the day Tuesday as a blockade was erected on the tracks between Burlington and Hamilton.
A court injunction has been served to the protestors who demonstrate in solidarity with Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs.
They have yet to comply with the order.
More to come.
- With files from the Canadian Press
Update: The Lakeshore East line is now moving. The Milton line is still suspended.
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga