GO Train delays expected after person reportedly struck by train
GO Transit is responding to a potential fatality this afternoon.
Lakeshore West passengers are being notified of a report that a person was struck by a train west of Exhibition GO Station in Toronto.
The area is now in the hands of emergency personnel.
GO Transit anticipates significant delays and possible cancellations, with trains unable to move through the area until a full investigation is completed.
“Trains are currently running between Aldershot GO and Mimico GO. We will be providing a direct GO bus shuttle between Port Credit GO and Union Station,” GO Transit reports.
“The Union Station 16:43 - Aldershot GO 17:48 train will need to hold until further notice.”
It’s expected to take about two hours before regular service resumes.
More updates to come.
#LSW: We've received a report of a possible fatality west of Exhibition. Emergency workers are onsite and trains will not be able to move through the area for about 2 hours. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more. Click https://t.co/xjFXe9A0Cw for more info— Lakeshore West Train (@GOtransitLW) July 12, 2020
UPDATE: According to a Metrolinx spokesperson, police have located a person with minor injuries who is believed to have been on the tracks.
Lakeshore West train service is expected to resume shortly.
The tracks are reopen and @GOtransitLW service will resume normal operations very soon. According to @TPSOperations, their officers have located a person with minor injuries, who they believe was the person on the tracks. That person is reportedly being treated for minor injuries https://t.co/0Yxya48HS4— Matt Llewellyn (^mll) (@Mattrolinx) July 12, 2020
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Lakeshore West GO Train Service Will be Temporarily Reduced in Mississauga
- Union Station-Bound Train Halted After Person Struck
- Person dies after being struck by GO Train in Mississauga
- Emergency personnel on scene after GO train collides with car in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices