GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
For your own safety and for the sake of everyone onboard — please don't walk on train tracks.
The Lakeshore West GO Transit line was delayed briefly on Tuesday due to a group of trespassers walking on the tracks, according to a Mississauga News article.
Police were notified around 3:30 p.m. of five individuals who were walking back and forth on the tracks, east of the Port Credit GO station.
Upon arriving, officers found one male sleeping in the grass, intoxicated to the point that he had to be taken to the hospital. There's no word on whether police saw any of the other trespassers at the scene.
The Lakeshore West line was shutdown for about 20 minutes in Port Credit while police investigated, according to GO Transit. The scene was cleared at 4:20 p.m.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Man in Hospital After Vehicle Struck by GO Train in Mississauga
- Emergency personnel on scene after GO train collides with car in Mississauga
- Car on fire near railway tracks in Mississauga