GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
For your own safety and for the sake of everyone onboard — please don't walk on train tracks.
The Lakeshore West GO Transit line was delayed briefly on Tuesday due to a group of trespassers walking on the tracks, according to a Mississauga News article.
Police were notified around 3:30 p.m. of five individuals who were walking back and forth on the tracks, east of the Port Credit GO station.
Upon arriving, officers found one male sleeping in the grass, intoxicated to the point that he had to be taken to the hospital. There's no word on whether police saw any of the other trespassers at the scene.
The Lakeshore West line was shutdown for about 20 minutes in Port Credit while police investigated, according to GO Transit. The scene was cleared at 4:20 p.m.
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Police responding to females lying on train tracks, taking selfies in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- Police responding to agitated male walking in middle of road in Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Metrolinx is taking action to stop dangerous selfie attempts on GO Train tracks
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- Police investigating triple stabbing in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Province tells people in Mississauga to only celebrate Christmas with members of their own household
- Toronto police have person of interest in billionaire deaths