GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
For your own safety and for the sake of everyone onboard — please don't walk on train tracks.
The Lakeshore West GO Transit line was delayed briefly on Tuesday due to a group of trespassers walking on the tracks, according to a Mississauga News article.
Police were notified around 3:30 p.m. of five individuals who were walking back and forth on the tracks, east of the Port Credit GO station.
Upon arriving, officers found one male sleeping in the grass, intoxicated to the point that he had to be taken to the hospital. There's no word on whether police saw any of the other trespassers at the scene.
The Lakeshore West line was shutdown for about 20 minutes in Port Credit while police investigated, according to GO Transit. The scene was cleared at 4:20 p.m.
- Lakeshore West GO Train Delayed Due To Fatality Near Port Credit
- Metrolinx working with Peel police to discourage people from diving off train tracks into Credit River in Mississauga
- Police responding to females lying on train tracks, taking selfies in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Metrolinx is taking action to stop dangerous selfie attempts on GO Train tracks
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city