GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
For your own safety and for the sake of everyone onboard — please don't walk on train tracks.
The Lakeshore West GO Transit line was delayed briefly on Tuesday due to a group of trespassers walking on the tracks, according to a Mississauga News article.
Police were notified around 3:30 p.m. of five individuals who were walking back and forth on the tracks, east of the Port Credit GO station.
Upon arriving, officers found one male sleeping in the grass, intoxicated to the point that he had to be taken to the hospital. There's no word on whether police saw any of the other trespassers at the scene.
The Lakeshore West line was shutdown for about 20 minutes in Port Credit while police investigated, according to GO Transit. The scene was cleared at 4:20 p.m.
- Police Seeking Assistance in Locating 5-Year-Old Boy
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Man on Mobility Scooter Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Person Struck and Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
- Police On Scene Due to Damaged Gas Line in Mississauga
- Train Causing Delays For Commuters in Mississauga
- Male Arrested for Riding on Top of Moving Train in Mississauga