GO Bus Driver Detained at Square One for Impaired Driving in Mississauga
The saying ‘no drinking on the job’ applies to any profession, but applies especially if your profession happens to involve frequent vehicle usage.
Now, it appears a GO Bus driver is in hot water after allegedly becoming impaired on the job.
GO transit has reportedly never had an incident involving alcohol with one of their drivers until now.
According to CP24, a GO bus driver was arrested for impaired driver at the Square One GO Transit terminal in Mississauga on the night of Friday, April 7.
The 37-year-old man was detained after his supervisor started to suspect that he was impaired.
Police were called to the scene and the driver was taken into custody. Media reports say he was charged with driving with a blood alcohol concentration in excess of 80 milligrams.
Metrolinx spokesperson Anne Marie Aikins responded to the incident.
“Last night for first time in GO Transit history, we are disappointed to report that a bus driver was charged with impaired driving,” Aikins said on Twitter. “Our bus supervisor took immediate action and called [Peel Police] who confirmed his suspicions. [The] driver has been removed from duty. Safety is always our first priority and we take a zero tolerance approach to drinking and driving.”
Aikins also added that an internal investigation is underway.
The driver is scheduled to appear in court on April 25.
- Impaired driver arrested during the day in Mississauga: Police
- Niagara Falls man charged with impaired driving on the QEW
- Mississauga Man Arrested For Driving Malfunctioning Vehicle While Impaired
- Police on Scene Following Impaired Driving Incident in Mississauga
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario