Gift Giving Guide - Square One's New Stores
The holiday season officially kicked off last week with Black Friday and you have a little less than a month to buy All The Things for your beloved friends and family members. You might also be fielding some questions about what you want and have no idea.
Thankfully for you, we're here to provide a helpful breakdown of cool presents you can find at the newest stores in Square One with Port Credit, Streetsville and Erin Mills Town Centre to follow.
Without further adieu, here are some unique gifts you can grab at Square One's freshest hotspots.
If you've got teenagers or more forever-young types on your Christmas list, you might want to check out Volcom. No longer a run-of-the-mill skateboarding store like West 49 was in the 90s and early 2000s, you can get funky statement tee's for $20 and up as well as stylish winter gear, such as these funky face masks that can protect you from the elements when you wear them skating on a subzero day in February.
I'm not going to lie -- I straight up love this store. I know it's selling me an expensive, highly curated, faux-hipster lifestyle, but I love it just the same. If you're looking for a gift for an on-trend millennial, stylish gen x'er or even very hip baby boomer, check out this Game of Thrones Monopoly board game (at about $50, it's cheaper than some other UO fare), this fun and vintage polaroid camera (over $100) or these starter turntables ($150-$200).
If you want to buy something for your bolder friend or sister or are looking for a very sexy New Years Eve outfit for yourself, you might want to look at Honey. Glitter and sequins adorn many of the figure-flattering shirts, skirts and dresses, so the store's wares are perfect for anyone with a flare for flashier, more eye-catching outfits. The dresses typically start at over $100. You can also grab some on-trend accessories, including statement necklaces and metal belts.
Fruit of the Land
If you have a foodie on your list, Fruit of the Land should be on your shopping list. Located in the spacious area that once housed Parasuco, this culinary market has everything from all natural and kosher fruit spreads to preserves to bread dippers and honeys. This is also a good place to hit if you're planning a holiday party.
Muji, the highly anticipated Asian export that sells everything from apparel to scent diffusers to kitchenware, offers a plethora of gift ideas. If a friend or family member recently moved, you can find some unique bedding and kitchen and bath products to make their Christmas morning both practical and exciting. The store also offers clothing, a colourful and vintage stationary section and fun, Japanese-inspired home decor.
- 5 Gift Ideas at Erin Mills Town Centre
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Store Will Officially Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Unique International Discount Store Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
- MUJI Week Headed to Square One in Mississauga
- Trendy Holiday Gifts Now Available at MUJI in Square One in Mississauga
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Here’s what’s coming to Netflix Canada in February 2021