Get Ready For Waste Collection Delays in Mississauga and Brampton
Mississauga and Brampton citizens who haven't been getting their lawn garbage picked up on time may be disgruntled to hear that the problem is expected to persist for the next week or so.
Due to the large volume of waste being set out at the curb, the Region of Peel anticipates continued waste collection delays in the coming days, and advises residents to be prepared for them.
If your waste has not been collected by 9 p.m. on your regularly scheduled collection day, you're asked to leave it on the curb - missed collection will be a priority the following day.
It's also important to stay up to date with Peel's recent changes so you know what's being picked up when.
Along with the new, easy to move carts, they've recently introduced a new waste collection schedule: Garbage and recycling are not picked up together but on alternating weeks.
Organics are still picked up every week.
Peel is additionally taking this opportunity to remind citizens that certain materials are not collected on the curb, and should instead be dropped off at Peel Community Recycling Centres.
These materials include tires and automotive parts, waste electronics, household hazardous waste, and building/construction materials - things like sod, soil, shale, cut stone, drywall, tiles, and large amounts of wood.
Fees may apply to some of the aforementioned materials when being dropped off.
For more information on Peel's waste management services, check out peelregion.ca/waste.
- Important Waste Collection News for Brampton and Mississauga
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga and Brampton Residents
- A Change is Coming to Waste and Recycling Collection in Mississauga Very Soon
- Important Waste Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26