Get Ready For Waste Collection Delays in Mississauga and Brampton
Mississauga and Brampton citizens who haven't been getting their lawn garbage picked up on time may be disgruntled to hear that the problem is expected to persist for the next week or so.
Due to the large volume of waste being set out at the curb, the Region of Peel anticipates continued waste collection delays in the coming days, and advises residents to be prepared for them.
If your waste has not been collected by 9 p.m. on your regularly scheduled collection day, you're asked to leave it on the curb - missed collection will be a priority the following day.
It's also important to stay up to date with Peel's recent changes so you know what's being picked up when.
Along with the new, easy to move carts, they've recently introduced a new waste collection schedule: Garbage and recycling are not picked up together but on alternating weeks.
Organics are still picked up every week.
Peel is additionally taking this opportunity to remind citizens that certain materials are not collected on the curb, and should instead be dropped off at Peel Community Recycling Centres.
These materials include tires and automotive parts, waste electronics, household hazardous waste, and building/construction materials - things like sod, soil, shale, cut stone, drywall, tiles, and large amounts of wood.
Fees may apply to some of the aforementioned materials when being dropped off.
For more information on Peel's waste management services, check out peelregion.ca/waste.
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Major Snowstorm Possible for Mississauga
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- Mississauga Reeling from Bomb Scare at Hospital
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Important Waste Collection News for Brampton and Mississauga
- Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga and Brampton Residents
- Important Waste Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Very Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga
- Very Important Waste Collection News in Mississauga