Get Ready for Dangerous Weather Conditions in Mississauga Today
Some dangerous weather conditions are expected for Mississauga today (Jan. 23).
According to Environment Canada, Mississauga could see some snow and a brief period of freezing rain.
The freezing rain is expected to change to rain by this afternoon, however, strong and gusty winds will carry on into the evening.
A brief thaw with rain and strong southwest winds reaching up to 70 km/h are expected this afternoon and will also carry on into the evening.
Colder air will return tonight.
A Colorado low is predicted track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, resulting in a dramatic change in weather.
Snow, as mentioned, will become mixed with or change over to freezing rain early this morning.
Poor travelling conditions are expected as roads may become icy and slippery.
Parents and students are encouraged to check with their school directly about closures today.
IMPT: On Wednesday, Jan. 23, buses are cancelled for Caledon ONLY due to expected weather & icy road conditions throughout the day. All other buses are running and all schools are open. Buses for @JamesGrievePS, @SouthFieldsV, @TonyPontesPS and @EskerLakePS are running. pic.twitter.com/6UdF4FEux9— Peel District School Board (@PeelSchools) January 23, 2019
Stay safe out there today Mississauga.
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Dangerous Winter Conditions Expected in Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
- Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Cineplex sues former buyer Cineworld, seeking over $2.18 billion in damages