Georgetown seeing some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in the province
Georgetown continues to be among the areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed 50 areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 7 to 13.
Georgetown is the only area in Halton of the 50 areas listed, at 6.4%. It is currently the 45th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (28th highest during the previous week).
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 7 was 2.7% (versus 3.1% the previous week)," ICES reports.
"The percent positivity was relatively lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.8%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.8%)."
The full data is available to read here.
- Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot