Georgetown seeing some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in the province
Georgetown continues to be among the areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed 50 areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 7 to 13.
Georgetown is the only area in Halton of the 50 areas listed, at 6.4%. It is currently the 45th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (28th highest during the previous week).
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 7 was 2.7% (versus 3.1% the previous week)," ICES reports.
"The percent positivity was relatively lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.8%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.8%)."
The full data is available to read here.
- Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases