Georgetown man wins a nice lottery prize purchased in Oakville
A Georgetown man said “yes” to ENCORE and it paid off for Brian Abercrombie of Georgetown.
Brian matched the last six of seven ENCORE numbers in exact order in the November 9, 2020 Daily Grand draw to win $100,000.
Brian, a 56-year-old father and grandfather said he discovered his big win one weekend during his typical morning routine. "I'm an early bird, so I was up at 5 a.m. checking my tickets.
When I realized I may have a winner, I waited until the store opened at 6 a.m. to have it double-checked," he shared. "First, I used the Ticket Checker, then I gave it to the cashier. I was very surprised! You play the lottery for fun and it's only a dream for most people to actually win."
Brian said he shared the news with his wife of 31 years first. "I wanted to let her sleep, so when I heard she was awake I ran upstairs and stood there with the ticket in my hand that read 'Big Winner' waiting for her to see it!"
"I'm grateful and excited," smiled Brian. "I'm going to put this in the bank and help my kids out."
The winning ticket was purchased at Mac's on Postmaster Drive in Oakville.
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Massive Winning Lottery Ticket Recently Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Celebrating Big Lottery Win
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”