Gas leak reported in City Centre Mississauga
Published April 4, 2023 at 9:53 am
Fire and police responded to a gas leak in City Centre Mississauga this morning.
The strong odour of natural gas was detected in the area of Enfield Place and Kariya Drive around 7 a.m. this morning (April 4), Peel Regional Police told insauga.com.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services responded to 265 Enfield Place, and along with Enbridge crews, found a gas leak on the main floor of the building in a restaurant, said Ryan Baird, a Mississauga Fire Platoon Chief.
There are apartments above the restaurant so crews ventilated and monitored the air.
There were no injuries and no evacuation of area buildings.
Enbridge crews shut off the main gas line.
Emergency crews had left the building by 9:30 a.m.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising