Gas leak reported at residence in Mississauga
Emergency crews are responding to a gas leak at a home in Mississauga Thursday morning (Dec 3).
Peel Police say the leak was reported at a residence at Swanage Crescent/Lewisham Drive shortly before 8:30 a.m.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services and Enbridge are responding to the incident and the water main is being worked on.
No injuries have been reported at this time, however, police are evacuating the surrounding houses.
GAS LEAK:— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) December 3, 2020
- Swanage Cr/Lewisham Dr in #Mississauga
- Gas Leak at a residence
- @MississaugaFES on scene
- City crew working on water main
- Enbridge on route
- #PRP evacuating surrounding houses
- C/R at 8:27 a.m.
UPDATE: Enbridge has turned the gas off and deemed the area to be safe.
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic