Gas leak reported at commercial building in Mississauga
Emergency crews are responding to a natural gas leak in Mississauga.
Peel police say the leak was reported at a commercial building in the Lakeshore Rd W. and Meadow Wood Rd. area shortly before 11:30 am.
No injuries have been reported.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services and Enbridge are responding to the incident.
Police say westbound Lakeshore has been shut down from Meadow Wood to Clarkson.
UPDATE: Police say the gas has been turned off and there are no safety concerns at this time. The roads have re-opened.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga