Gardiner Expressway Will Be Closed All Weekend Long
Wretched news, Toronto-bound residents!
If you're planning to head downtown this weekend, you might have to give yourself some extra travel time. The Gardiner Expressway will be closed.
This weekend -- which is promising ugly weather, to be fair -- marks the annual spring closure of the Gardiner for routine maintenance. Thankfully there are no big ticket sporting events happening to the immediate east of Sauga, as both the Raptors and Jays are playing out of town games.
If you're heading into the core to do other activities (much like I am), be sure to check Google maps for the least congested routes and prepare to potentially spend a few extra minutes idling on Lakeshore.
The closure will begin at 11 p.m. on Friday (May 13) and end at 5 a.m. Monday morning (May 16).
To compound the upcoming traffic headache, there are a series of other TO road closures -- all of which you can check out here.
This might be a good weekend to stay in town and enjoy some local entertainment.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- Mississauga-Based Restaurant Planning Enormous Expansion
- Gardiner Closed All Weekend Long (So Maybe Stay in Mississauga?)
- Major Highway to be Closed All Weekend Long
- Extreme Weather Expected for August Long Weekend in Mississauga
- Roadwork Prompting Highway Closure in Mississauga This Weekend
- Mississauga Residents Might Not Have to Pay Gardiner Tolls After All