Gardiner Expressway Will Be Closed All Weekend Long
Wretched news, Toronto-bound residents!
If you're planning to head downtown this weekend, you might have to give yourself some extra travel time. The Gardiner Expressway will be closed.
This weekend -- which is promising ugly weather, to be fair -- marks the annual spring closure of the Gardiner for routine maintenance. Thankfully there are no big ticket sporting events happening to the immediate east of Sauga, as both the Raptors and Jays are playing out of town games.
If you're heading into the core to do other activities (much like I am), be sure to check Google maps for the least congested routes and prepare to potentially spend a few extra minutes idling on Lakeshore.
The closure will begin at 11 p.m. on Friday (May 13) and end at 5 a.m. Monday morning (May 16).
To compound the upcoming traffic headache, there are a series of other TO road closures -- all of which you can check out here.
This might be a good weekend to stay in town and enjoy some local entertainment.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Test results are in from Mississauga condo revealing good news about the variants
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- First responders attending to fire in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga