Gardiner Expressway Will Be Closed All Weekend Long
Wretched news, Toronto-bound residents!
If you're planning to head downtown this weekend, you might have to give yourself some extra travel time. The Gardiner Expressway will be closed.
This weekend -- which is promising ugly weather, to be fair -- marks the annual spring closure of the Gardiner for routine maintenance. Thankfully there are no big ticket sporting events happening to the immediate east of Sauga, as both the Raptors and Jays are playing out of town games.
If you're heading into the core to do other activities (much like I am), be sure to check Google maps for the least congested routes and prepare to potentially spend a few extra minutes idling on Lakeshore.
The closure will begin at 11 p.m. on Friday (May 13) and end at 5 a.m. Monday morning (May 16).
To compound the upcoming traffic headache, there are a series of other TO road closures -- all of which you can check out here.
This might be a good weekend to stay in town and enjoy some local entertainment.
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office