Gardiner Expressway closed this long weekend
If you’re traveling this holiday weekend, one thing you likely won’t be thankful for is all the extra traffic.
While Thanksgiving is already a time when traffic congestion is bad due to the fact many people are traveling to spend time with their families, this year will be even worse because of the Gardiner Expressway’s closure.
The closure will start at 11:59 p.m. on Friday (October 11), and last until 5 a.m. on Monday (October 14).
During this time, the Gardiner will be closed from Don Valley Parkway/Carlaw Ave. to Highway 427/ Queen Elizabeth Way.
According to a news release from the city of Toronto, the closure is part of the planned fall maintenance on the Gardiner, in order to ensure it runs smoothly through the winter.
After the weekend closure, the Gardiner will undergo phase three of repairs, which will focus on the stretch of highway between Jarvis and Cherry Streets. During this phase of maintenance, the Gardiner will be reduced to two lanes--phase three of maintenance will be happening concurrently with the replacement of the westbound Sherbourne/Jarvis off-ramp.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga