Garbage and Recycling Days About to Change in Mississauga
It's hard to believe that we're just two weeks away from Christmas, but the holiday season is here and that means that residents should expect temporary changes to their garbage and recycling services.
For that reason, the Region of Peel is reminding residents about important waste collection changes (keeping this changes top of mind will help make the holiday season a little less chaotic).
Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon residents should also note that there will be a holiday garbage exemption period. Garbage exemption will take place on your scheduled garbage collection day.
Check your collection calendar to know your exemption dates for December and January.
All Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will be closed December 25-26 and January 1. All CRCs (except Bolton) will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on December 24 and December 31.
The CRCs will operate on regular hours from December 27-30 and return to regular hours on January 2. You can learn more about CRCs and their hours here.
If you're often unsure about your regular pick-up schedule, you can download your personalized 2019 Waste Collection Calendar by clicking here.
Christmas Tree Disposal
It might be sad to think about now, but you don't want to keep your real Christmas tree in your living room forever.
The Region collects real Christmas trees (note that this only applies to real trees, not plastic or artificial ones that you're tired of) from the curb.
You can put your Christmas tree at the curb on your scheduled recycling collection day during the weeks of January 7 and January 14, 2019.
Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) can be dropped off at any Peel Community Recycling Centre.
If you live in an apartment or condo, contact your property manager for correct disposal options.
- Important Waste Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga
- Everything You Need to Know About Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- More Important Waste Collection News for Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots