Funeral Planned on Wednesday for 11 Year Old Riya Rajkumar
Funeral preparations are underway for Riya Rajkumar, the 11 year old Mississauga girl who was found dead in Brampton on Thursday, February 14.
The funeral will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 20 at the Lotus Funeral and Cremation Centre in Toronto.
The funeral home is located at 121 Cityview Drive, Etobicoke.
First visitation will be from 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. the day before (February 19).
Additionally, another vigil will be held at 5:45 p.m. on February 19 at the Garden Square in downtown Brampton.
Riya’s father, Roopesh Rajkumar, remains in police custody and has been charged with first-degree murder.
Following news of Riya's death, Neighbourhood Watch Brampton started crowdfunding to help Riya's family cover funeral expenses, far surpassing the goal of $2,500 with at least $33,000 raised at this time.
For more information or to offer condolences or tributes to Riya’s family, visit the centre’s website here.
Photo courtesy of Sharon Floyd's Twitter account
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health reports region's first COVID-19 related death