Funding for 7 projects in Mississauga long-term homes care announced
Published March 31, 2023 at 10:46 am
Funding for Mississauga long-term care homes should help seniors avoid stays in the hospital.
The province announced $871,565 for seven projects in Mississauga to help seniors with complex medical needs like dementia and bariatric care connect to specialized care and supports in their long-term care home instead of a hospital, John Jordan, parliamentary assistant to the Minister of Long-Term Care announced today (March 31).
“We’re expanding specialized services and supports for long-term care residents in Mississauga, so that people with complex needs get the care they need and deserve in the comfort of a home, instead of a hospital,” said Jordan.
Some of the local projects will bring specialized care to seniors in their long-term care homes.
Other projects will support the admission of people into long-term care homes who no longer require acute care in hospital, but who have complex needs that are difficult to accommodate without specialized services and supports.
The 7 projects in Mississauga that are receiving funding are:
- $250,000 to Partners Community Health for enhanced wrap around supports for residents placed in interim beds at Camilla Care long-term care home, to address more complex clinical and social needs;
- $224,549 to The Village of Erin Meadows long-term care home for bariatric and diagnostic equipment;
- $121,808, to Erin Mills Lodge long-term care home for bariatric and diagnostic equipment;
- $110,685 to Sheridan Villa long-term care home for bariatric, diagnostic and a variety of medical equipment;
- $94,784 to Malton Village long-term care home for bariatric, diagnostic and a variety of medical equipment;
- $39,167 to Trillium Health Partners and long-term care homes in the community for the expansion of nurse-led outreach teams, to provide more specialized nursing care in homes and build the capacity of home staff; and
- $30,572 to Cooksville Care Centre long-term care home for equipment to prevent and minimize falls and injuries related to them.