Fun Event For Youth Coming to Mississauga in May
It’s almost time to get rebellious.
The City of Mississauga is hosting Rebel17 from May 1 to 7.
The annual youth-led festival of creative expression and community involvement encourages youth ages 13 to 30 to make a difference locally through music, film, the arts, culture, and sport.
Rebel17 features free drop-ins, workshops, events, and activities created by youth for youth.
Highlights include the Canada 150 Neighbourhood Celebration Kit, magnetic poetry stations at all city libraries, free workshops and more at the Meadowvale Theatre.
There’s also a particularly interesting event that’s ideal for any local hip-hop lovers.
On May 3, a #REBELHUB event celebrating what organizers call the five elements of hip hop will take place at the Meadowvale Theatre from 5:00-9:00 p.m.
That event will boast free dancing (breakdancing & hip hop) workshops, MCing, DJing, beatboxing and live grafitti art.
There will also be a few fun giveaways.
#REBELHUB is being held in collaboration with city of Mississauga, Unity Charity, Meadowvale Theatre, and program and site coordinator Anthony Tirado.
More than 500 people took part in 2016 activities, with youth donating 1,500 volunteer hours; Rebel17 marks National Youth Week and National Youth Arts Week.
Click here for a full list of events.
- Multiple Lanes Blocked on 401 Following Collision in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Reports Of A Suspicious Man With A Gun In Mississauga
- Road Closures Due To Serious Collision In Mississauga
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga