Freezing rain warning remains in effect for Mississauga
It’s officially December and the strong winter weather is in full swing.
Freezing rain continues to fall and is expected to last for a few more hours before transitioning to freezing drizzle or flurries by this afternoon.
“Several millimeters of ice accretion are possible over these regions with some areas possibly receiving a few centimetres of ice pellets mixed with snow in addition to the freezing rain,” Environment Canada reports.
Strong wind gusts of up to 70 km/h are also in effect.
Residents are urged not to travel today if possible, as the icy roads and walkways pose a serious safety risk.
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Dump truck protest rolls onto highways in Mississauga and Brampton
- Alarming new record of COVID-19 cases set today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have the vaccine by early June