Freezing rain warning remains in effect for Mississauga
It’s officially December and the strong winter weather is in full swing.
Freezing rain continues to fall and is expected to last for a few more hours before transitioning to freezing drizzle or flurries by this afternoon.
“Several millimeters of ice accretion are possible over these regions with some areas possibly receiving a few centimetres of ice pellets mixed with snow in addition to the freezing rain,” Environment Canada reports.
Strong wind gusts of up to 70 km/h are also in effect.
Residents are urged not to travel today if possible, as the icy roads and walkways pose a serious safety risk.
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Face-coverings now required in common areas of condos and apartment buildings in Mississauga
- Police hoping to identify man who reversed into a woman in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga