Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
Your commute home could be a tough one.
Environment Canada just announced that a freezing rain warning in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says snow and ice pellets will begin late this afternoon, then change to freezing rain this evening.
Freezing rain or freezing drizzle will change to occasional rain or drizzle near midnight as temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
Untreated surfaces may become icy and slippery and travel may be affected.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery.
Drivers are advised to slow down while driving in slippery conditions and to keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Freezing rain warning remains in effect for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- 27 people from Peel Region linked to COVID-19 outbreak at Vaughan window factory
- Tighter COVID-19 restrictions start Monday in 5 Ontario regions
- New COVID-19 cases in Peel drop significantly today