Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
Your commute home could be a tough one.
Environment Canada just announced that a freezing rain warning in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says snow and ice pellets will begin late this afternoon, then change to freezing rain this evening.
Freezing rain or freezing drizzle will change to occasional rain or drizzle near midnight as temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
Untreated surfaces may become icy and slippery and travel may be affected.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery.
Drivers are advised to slow down while driving in slippery conditions and to keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month