Freezing rain in the forecast for Mississauga
Some freezing rain is in the forecast for Mississauga.
Environment Canada recently released a weather statement for Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga and Brampton stating that freezing rain is possible on Friday (Jan. 1) in the late evening and overnight hours.
“A brief period of freezing rain or ice pellets is possible Friday evening. Freezing rain may be mixed with rain or snow. Some ice accretion is possible. Precipitation will transition to rain or snow later Friday night or early Saturday morning,” Environment Canada’s website reads.
“This precipitation is associated with a low-pressure system moving north from Texas. There is still some uncertainty with the exact track of the system as it approaches Lake Erie, which will affect the exact timing and duration of the freezing rain.”
Freezing rain warnings may be needed as the event draws closer.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga