Freezing rain in the forecast for Mississauga
Some freezing rain is in the forecast for Mississauga.
Environment Canada recently released a weather statement for Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga and Brampton stating that freezing rain is possible on Friday (Jan. 1) in the late evening and overnight hours.
“A brief period of freezing rain or ice pellets is possible Friday evening. Freezing rain may be mixed with rain or snow. Some ice accretion is possible. Precipitation will transition to rain or snow later Friday night or early Saturday morning,” Environment Canada’s website reads.
“This precipitation is associated with a low-pressure system moving north from Texas. There is still some uncertainty with the exact track of the system as it approaches Lake Erie, which will affect the exact timing and duration of the freezing rain.”
Freezing rain warnings may be needed as the event draws closer.
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February