Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
Residents take note, especially if you’re commuting this morning.
Environment Canada reports periods of freezing drizzle continuing from Wednesday night into Thursday, with the potential for a brief period of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
Additionally, strong wind gusts in the 60 to 80 km/h range may be possible Thursday night and continuing into Friday.
“Challenging winter travelling conditions are expected through Thursday due to the prolonged period of icing,” says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously on roads and highways affected by icy conditions.
Temperatures are expected to rise Thursday afternoon, bringing an end to the freezing rain.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga