Freezing Rain Could Impact Commute Home in Mississauga
Those of you commuting from work back home driving should take heed of the road conditions ahead.
According to Environment Canada, there is a risk of freezing rain this evening, with strong and gusty west to southwest winds arriving near midnight. Strong southwest winds gusting to 80 km/h will herald the arrival of the cold front, along with quickly falling temperatures.
A special weather statement is in effect for the following areas:
- Burlington - Oakville
- Halton Hills - Milton
- Mississauga - Brampton
The strong and gusty southwest winds will continue into Friday then slowly start to diminish Friday afternoon.
Gusts of 85 to 90 km/h in a couple localities are also possible. These winds are strong enough to cause minor tree damage and a few local power outages.
Untreated roads may be icy in any freezing rain early this evening.
- Strong winds and freezing rain in forecast for Mississauga
- Strong Winds Expected to Hit Mississauga Very Soon
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Strong, Potentially Damaging Winds to Hit Mississauga
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga