Freezing Rain Causing Numerous Cancellations in Mississauga
If you had plans today, you might want to make sure that the recent winter weather hasn’t overridden them.
The weather forecast for Southern Ontario continues to call for freezing rain and heavy rainfall today (Sunday, April 15), continuing until the beginning of next week.
Crews are outside, plowing and salting roads and walkways as necessary while the snow and ice accumulate.
However, bad weather conditions have still forced the City to cancel events that were scheduled for today.
All City of Mississauga recreation and culture programs are cancelled. The buildings will remain open as warming centres and for scheduled rentals.
Permit holders may continue their scheduled events at their discretion.
Additionally, youth and adult leagues have been cancelled at Mississauga SportZone.
The City continues to remind residents to be safe during bad weather conditions. This includes staying away from flooded areas and avoiding waterways that can potentially become flooded, such as creeks, rivers and streams.
UPDATE: All Mississauga museums are closed. The following libraries are closed: Meadowvale, Courtneypark, South Common, Frank McKechnie, Streetsville and Lakeview.
- One of the Year’s Most Anticipated Restaurants is Officially Opening in Mississauga
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: April 14-20
- What the Ontario Parties are Offering in the 2018 Election
- Fun New Food Spot Opening in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter