Freezing Rain Causing Numerous Cancellations in Mississauga
If you had plans today, you might want to make sure that the recent winter weather hasn’t overridden them.
The weather forecast for Southern Ontario continues to call for freezing rain and heavy rainfall today (Sunday, April 15), continuing until the beginning of next week.
Crews are outside, plowing and salting roads and walkways as necessary while the snow and ice accumulate.
However, bad weather conditions have still forced the City to cancel events that were scheduled for today.
All City of Mississauga recreation and culture programs are cancelled. The buildings will remain open as warming centres and for scheduled rentals.
Permit holders may continue their scheduled events at their discretion.
Additionally, youth and adult leagues have been cancelled at Mississauga SportZone.
The City continues to remind residents to be safe during bad weather conditions. This includes staying away from flooded areas and avoiding waterways that can potentially become flooded, such as creeks, rivers and streams.
UPDATE: All Mississauga museums are closed. The following libraries are closed: Meadowvale, Courtneypark, South Common, Frank McKechnie, Streetsville and Lakeview.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Get Ready for Dangerous Weather Conditions in Mississauga Today
- LATEST WEATHER STATEMENT: Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- Mississauga Facing Extreme Cold Weather, Freezing Rain Expected
- Snow and Freezing Rain Headed for Mississauga This Week