Free Transit for Youth in Mississauga All Summer
Youth ages 12 to 14 can once again ride the bus for free in Mississauga this summer.
The Freedom Pass is valid from July 1 to August 31 and “allows youth who are transitioning to high school to experience the freedom of travelling on MiWay," said director of transit Geoff Marinoff, adding the program “makes it easy for youth to meet with friends for a swim at their community swimming pool and see how easy it is to ride MiWay, including accessing real-time schedules on their mobile devices."
Online applications for the Freedom Pass open on Monday, May 1.
Keep in mind, only 10,000 passes are available.
A parent/guardian signature is needed on the form.
Completed applications, along with a piece of photo ID displaying proof of age, can be brought to any City of Mississauga community centre, where a photo will be taken to create the pass.
Only valid, photographed Freedom Pass holders are eligible to ride MiWay for free.
All other riders must pay regular fares.
Visit mississauga.ca/freedompass for more information.
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- American Pizza Restaurant Opening Second Canadian Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Threat Against Hospital in Mississauga
- Police Not Facing Charges After Woman Jumps Off of Roof in Mississauga
- Mississauga-Based Restaurant Planning Enormous Expansion