Free Library Apps You Should Download in Mississauga
Ah, libraries. Although they’re as classic as can be, they truly never get old and should never be ignored—even as more and more people can work, study and research from anywhere in the world.
Are you looking for an eBook to read, movie to watch or music to listen to? The Mississauga Library System has four apps you can try to instantly get access to tons of free content. All you need is a Mississauga library card and either a smartphone or tablet to download these apps.
Hoopla Digital is a digital media service that allows you to borrow free videos, music and audiobooks. The app has a great selection of movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries, music and audiobooks. With this app, you can borrow up to five items a month.
Need an audiobook for a road trip or looking for an eBook to read outside by the pool this summer? With OverDrive, you can browse Mississauga's Library catalogue for eBooks and audiobooks to borrow anytime you want.
Freegal's music catalogue gives you access to search, stream and download music for free. It includes newly released music from all genres including hip hop, rock, contemporary, classical, jazz, Latin and country. You can browse for your favourite songs by title, artist or album.
Want to keep with the latest trends in cooking, yoga, astronomy or gardening? The Zinio app lets you download magazines online from the Mississauga Library System. Pick and choose magazines from over 30 categories or choose a magazine from the seven languages available.
Grab your smartphone or tablet and take advantage of the great services from the Mississauga Library System by downloading these apps. For a complete list of other digital services available at the Library, visit mississauga.ca/portal/residents/searchonlinedatabases.
Article courtesy of the City of Mississauga
- New Mississauga share program boosts digital library content by 260,000
- Mississauga Library tops one million eBook and Audiobook checkouts in 2020
- Hamilton, Burlington library cardholders now have double the borrowing power
- Mississauga set to expand its electronic library collection
- Mississauga libraries extending return dates for all checked-out items
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other