Free Friday night concert series coming to Mississauga
Editor’s note: Due to recent changes to the provincial government’s restrictions on outdoor gatherings, the site of the music series has changed. It will now be held at Stonehooker Brewing Co., just around the corner from the Lakeview Village sunflower deck at 866 Lakeshore Rd. E.
You might have been disappointed when COVID-19 forced the cancellation of concerts and other live events, but you can still check out some safe and physically-distanced performances in Mississauga over the coming weeks.
Lakeview Community Partners Ltd. (LCP) recently announced that it's lending the Lakeview Village site to a new Friday night concert series that will take place over several weeks in the city's east end neighbourhood.
Hosted by LiveMag, the events will take place adjacent to the Lakeview Village sunflower field at 800 Hydro Road. LCP says the series aims to support local artists and give residents a chance to take in some live music before the weather turns cold.
LCP says the events will begin on Sept. 11 and run each Friday night through September and October, with the final performance scheduled for Oct. 16.
All concerts will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., in two 45-minute sets.
“This concert series is a fun, safe and relaxing way to support local musicians, who have been heavily impacted professionally by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Councillor Stephen Dasko in a statement.
“We encourage the community to take an evening stroll and come down to the Lakeview Village site to experience this amazing arts and culture initiative on the waterfront.”
The concerts, which are free to attend, will proceed as COVID-19 health and safety measures permit.
As far as performances go, LCP says residents can check out a number of local acoustic duo and trio acts, including Tom Barlow, Freedom Train, Chuck Jackson & Tyler Yarema and Susie McNeil
Each concert will include a different combination of artists.
In terms of safety measures, LCP says that all attendees will be required to check-in and provide contact information for COVID-19 contact tracing. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own chairs and maintain a minimum six-foot distance from other guests.
The venue is set up to allow for physical distancing, LCP says.
LCP says the concerts will take place at the south end of Hydro Road at the Lakeview Village sunflower container/main gate
Parking is free and located adjacent to the container/Waterfront Trail crossing.
- Mississauga Waterfront Village Awarded Best New Community
- Here’s Where You Can Watch Concerts in Mississauga This Summer
- Top 5 Free Relaxing Outdoor Events in Mississauga
- Concerts in Care Ontario offering digital recordings of musical concerts to long-term care facility residents
- Giant Tiger organizing virtual concert series to thank front-line workers
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- Ontario pediatricians calling on Province to reopen schools as soon as possible