Free Breakdancing Event Coming to Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
If you thought breakdancing (or street dancing in general) petered out in the 90s, you are mistaken—and you should reignite your love of the urban art form by checking out a free street-dance summit in Mississauga.
Canadian hip-hop and B-Boy pioneer, FrostFlow (Full Step Sauga) and MC Testament (P.E.A.C.E.) will be hosting the ‘Sauga Street Dance Summit 2019 — Street Poetry at the Living Arts Centre on Saturday, Mar. 9.
The complimentary event will take place inside the RBC Theatre at 4:00 p.m.
The event will be the second installation of the summit.
As for what to expect, the LAC says it will be transformed into a street dance experience that “will inspire, celebrate and showcase the best of street dance.”
This year, organizers say they’ll be taking a look back at the foundations of the street dance and hip-hop movements that have left their imprint on leading dancers and culture today.
The day’s program includes a performance by national hip-hop innovators, Bboyzim Dance Company, appearances by special guest judges Crazy Smooth, Glizzi and Lady C, “epic” cypher qualifier battles with a Seven-to-smoke final battle, live dance, music and rap performances, video shorts and more.
For more information, click here.
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse