Free Breakdancing Event Coming to Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
If you thought breakdancing (or street dancing in general) petered out in the 90s, you are mistaken—and you should reignite your love of the urban art form by checking out a free street-dance summit in Mississauga.
Canadian hip-hop and B-Boy pioneer, FrostFlow (Full Step Sauga) and MC Testament (P.E.A.C.E.) will be hosting the ‘Sauga Street Dance Summit 2019 — Street Poetry at the Living Arts Centre on Saturday, Mar. 9.
The complimentary event will take place inside the RBC Theatre at 4:00 p.m.
The event will be the second installation of the summit.
As for what to expect, the LAC says it will be transformed into a street dance experience that “will inspire, celebrate and showcase the best of street dance.”
This year, organizers say they’ll be taking a look back at the foundations of the street dance and hip-hop movements that have left their imprint on leading dancers and culture today.
The day’s program includes a performance by national hip-hop innovators, Bboyzim Dance Company, appearances by special guest judges Crazy Smooth, Glizzi and Lady C, “epic” cypher qualifier battles with a Seven-to-smoke final battle, live dance, music and rap performances, video shorts and more.
For more information, click here.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Hit With Massive Fine After Worker Dies From 30 Foot Fall
- Newly Opened Chinese Restaurant Giving Away Free Food Today in Mississauga