Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least four schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga as provincial police hunt a suspect.
“The information we received from the OPP is that the male suspect may have a weapon and because of that the schools have been put into hold and secure,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident is unfolding in Cooksville-Mississauga Valley around noon.
Fischer said the call came in at 11:37 a.m. to assist OPP.Schools under hold and secure include Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School, and Kids Palace Nursery School.This is the second straight day schools in Mississauga have been under hold and secure.The Oct. 2 incident near Trelawny Public School was resolved and the male, reportedly in crisis, apparently wasn’t arrested, say police.UPDATE: Hold and secures have been lifted at Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, and Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School as of 12:55 p.m.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- Top 5 Bar Nachos in Mississauga
- GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
- Heavy snow warning issued for Mississauga
- Utility company warning Mississauga residents to beware of sophisticated phone scam
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga