Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least four schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga as provincial police hunt a suspect.
“The information we received from the OPP is that the male suspect may have a weapon and because of that the schools have been put into hold and secure,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident is unfolding in Cooksville-Mississauga Valley around noon.
Fischer said the call came in at 11:37 a.m. to assist OPP.Schools under hold and secure include Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School, and Kids Palace Nursery School.This is the second straight day schools in Mississauga have been under hold and secure.The Oct. 2 incident near Trelawny Public School was resolved and the male, reportedly in crisis, apparently wasn’t arrested, say police.UPDATE: Hold and secures have been lifted at Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, and Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School as of 12:55 p.m.
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga