Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least four schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga as provincial police hunt a suspect.
“The information we received from the OPP is that the male suspect may have a weapon and because of that the schools have been put into hold and secure,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
The incident is unfolding in Cooksville-Mississauga Valley around noon.
Fischer said the call came in at 11:37 a.m. to assist OPP.Schools under hold and secure include Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School, and Kids Palace Nursery School.This is the second straight day schools in Mississauga have been under hold and secure.The Oct. 2 incident near Trelawny Public School was resolved and the male, reportedly in crisis, apparently wasn’t arrested, say police.UPDATE: Hold and secures have been lifted at Thornwood Public School, Silver Creek Public School, and Metropolitan Andrei Catholic School as of 12:55 p.m.
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga