Four Peel police officers save young boy from falling in Mississauga
It’s a nightmare no parent wants to experience: having to rescue their child from a perilous situation.
That was the horrifying reality for a mother in Mississauga when her seven year old son slipped out of a window on Friday afternoon.
Peel police said they got the call at 5:09 p.m. and headed to an apartment building in the area of Erindale Station Road and Dundas Street West, where the boy was hanging from the balcony rail of a sixth floor apartment.
According to police, the boy was playing near a window when he slipped out. His mother, who heard his cries for help, grabbed on to him but was losing hold.
Officers arrived at the scene and breached the door to the residence and a window near the child, successfully pulling him in.
While the child was uninjured, two officers had to be treated by paramedics after being injured by broken glass.
Following the incident, Peel Police’s Deputy Chief of Operations Marc Andrews congratulated the four officers for their quick thinking and fast reaction time.
“Cst. Ihor Palchynskyy, Cst. Alvin Bailey, Sgt. Shaun Stanley and Cst. Martin Boreczek prevented a seven year old boy from falling out of the sixth floor window of an apartment unit,” said Andrews.
“Let’s give some big props to the child’s mother. She fought to save her child’s life until the community could rally around her, and get police on scene to help,” Andrews added.
“Great work by all to bring this event to a positive resolution.”
Quick thinking and even faster reaction by 4 uniformed officers. Cst Ihor Palchynskyy, Cst Alvin Bailey, Sgt Shaun Stanley and Cst Martin Boreczek, prevented a 7yr old boy from falling out of the 6th floor window of an apartment unit. Great work by all #EverydayHero @PeelPolice https://t.co/5qog2kw0kY pic.twitter.com/R8gk3VqIG4— Deputy Chief Marc Andrews (@DeputyAndrews) August 15, 2020
Photo courtesy of Cst. Akhil Mooken on Twitter
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Police rescue woman in distress in Mississauga
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officers After Mississauga Woman Arrested
- Race was a factor when Peel police officers handcuffed black girl at Mississauga school, tribunal rules
- Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga