Four Mississauga Students Graduate With 100 Per Cent Average
Looks like Mississauga's got some top scholars!
In total, nine secondary school students from Central Peel, Glenforest, and Turner Fenton have achieved the highest averages for the 2016-17 academic year within the Peel District School Board.
All of these students have graduated from their respective schools with a perfect average - 100 per cent.
Apurva Dixit, Jason Liu, Jovana Pajovic and Anjali Thatte of Glenforest achieved a perfect 100 per cent average, scoring the highest averages in Mississauga.
One student, Pajovic, plans to attend the University of Toronto for humanities and social sciences.
“Learn to prioritize and actively engage yourself in extra-curricular activities because they teach you necessary social and teamwork skills," she advised.
Five students from Brampton also scored the big 1-0-0: Rahman Ladak of Turner Fenton, Aman Brar, Gurleen Kaloty, Vishvam Mazumdar and Vishwa Sheth of Central Peel.
Brar, Kaloty, Mazumdar and Sheth all plan to attend the University of Waterloo for engineering.
“Self-motivation and initiative have played a crucial role in the development of my work ethic. I would not be here today without the support of my teachers, peers and supportive parents,” said Kaloty.
Last year, there were 4,738 students on the Ontario Top Scholar list with three graduates achieving 100 per cent average at the Peel board.
This year, that number has grown to 4,867 Ontario scholars, or students graduating grade 12 with an average of 80 per cent or higher in their top six grade 12 courses.
- This Mississauga Student Graduated with a 100 Per Cent Average
- Two Mississauga High School Graduates Tied For Top Grade Average
- Mississauga Student Celebrating Incredible Academic Achievement
- Facts you never knew about Peel District School Board students in Mississauga
- Peel School Board Hears Proposals to Help Black Students
- Firefighters responding to fire alarm at Mississauga condo building
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- These Square One stores have officially reopened in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant apologizes for controversial post about tipping
- What’s Open and Closed Canada Day in Mississauga