Four Mississauga Schools Set to Go Under Construction
Four lucky Mississauga schools are about to get fairly substantial facelifts, courtesy of the province.
The Ontario government recently announced that the province is investing more than $255 million to build new schools and renovate some existing ones across Ontario.
The total of 38 projects will include the creation of 10 new schools and 28 renovations. The province is also working to create a combined total of 460 new licensed child care spaces for young children.
As far as Mississauga goes, four Dufferin-Peel Catholic School Board schools will be renovated.
The schools set to receive a little TLC include St. Bernadette Elementary School, St. Gregory Elementary School, St. Herbert Elementary School and St. Valentine Elementary School.
According to the province, these projects are part of the largest infrastructure investment in schools, hospitals, public transit, roads and bridges in Ontario’s history.
"By building the best possible learning environments for our students, we are laying the groundwork for their future success," said Mitzie Hunter, Minister of Education, in a statement. "These new and renovated schools will support the well-being and achievement of students across the province for years to come."
We will keep you updated on the types of renovations the schools will be receiving as more details emerge.
- Mississauga Schools Receiving $3 Million in Upgrades
- Ontario building and expanding schools to strengthen learning and increase child care access
- Public and Catholic School boards in Mississauga and Brampton calling for closure of schools
- Brand New School and Daycare Coming to Mississauga
- Province providing learning resources for students and teachers while schools are closed
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton