Four Mississauga neighbourhoods that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
Several areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 28 to March 6.
Of the top 50 listed, four are in Mississauga:
L5K at 8.11% (area of Erin Mills Pkwy and the QEW)
11th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L4T at 6.05% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
41st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (11th during previous week)
L5V at 6.03% (area of Britannia Rd W and Terry Fox Way)
42nd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5A at 5.95% (area of Bloor and Central Pkwy E)
45th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 28 was 2.7% (versus 2.5% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.7%)."
Out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel has the second highest COVID-19 percent positivity at 5.00%, ending a period of at least four weeks during which Peel had the highest percent positivity in the province.
Thunder Bay was listed first at 5.77%, and Ontario overall was listed eighth at 2.67%.
The top ten public health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket