4 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 positivity rates
Four areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 14 to 20.
Of the top 50 listed, four are in Mississauga (compared to just two during the previous week):
L4T at 11.30% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
16th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (19th during previous week)
L5V at 10.19% (area of Britannia Rd W and Terry Fox Way)
24th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L4Z at 9.14% (area of Hurontario and Bristol Rd E)
38th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5R at 8.25% (area of McLaughlin and Bristol Rd W)
49th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of March 14 was 4.0% (versus 3.1% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (4.1%)."
Meanwhile, Brampton had eight neighbourhoods listed in the top 50.
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel had the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- 8 Mississauga neighbourhoods that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises