Former Peel Police detective charged with sexual assault
A former Peel Police detective has been charged with sexual assault in a case going back 28 years.
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) began investigating in 2020 when a woman came forward to police to say the assault took place in Barrie during the summer of 1992.
Because a police officer was involved, the SIU was called in to investigate which has led to the charge being filed now.
Paul Chisholm is scheduled to appear in Barrie court on January 11 to face the sexual assault charge.
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic