Former Peel Police detective charged with sexual assault
A former Peel Police detective has been charged with sexual assault in a case going back 28 years.
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) began investigating in 2020 when a woman came forward to police to say the assault took place in Barrie during the summer of 1992.
Because a police officer was involved, the SIU was called in to investigate which has led to the charge being filed now.
Paul Chisholm is scheduled to appear in Barrie court on January 11 to face the sexual assault charge.
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga