Former Peel Police detective charged with sexual assault
A former Peel Police detective has been charged with sexual assault in a case going back 28 years.
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) began investigating in 2020 when a woman came forward to police to say the assault took place in Barrie during the summer of 1992.
Because a police officer was involved, the SIU was called in to investigate which has led to the charge being filed now.
Paul Chisholm is scheduled to appear in Barrie court on January 11 to face the sexual assault charge.
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga