Former Mississauga goalie Martin recalled by Tampa Bay to taxi squad
Former Mississauga Steelheads goaltender Spencer Martin has been called up by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The six-foot-three, 200-lb. Oakville native was recalled Monday along with forward Taylor Raddysh to the NHL club’s taxi squad from the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL.
Initially a third-round pick (63 overall) by the Colorado Avalanche in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Martin had a 2-2-0 record in four games with Syracuse this season, sporting a 2.72 goals against average and a .911 save percentage.
Martin has three career NHL games under his belt with Colorado in 2016-17 and has dressed for 162 career AHL games with Syracuse, Colorado Eagles and San Antonio Rampage.
Martin was a first-round pick of the Mississauga Steelheads in the 2011 OHL Priority Selection. He finished his junior career with 58 wins, a 3.21 goals against average and .904 save percentage in 156 games over four seasons.
PHOTO COURTESY OF OHL
- Five Oakville Rangers taken in OHL's first round, including Mississauga Steelheads' top choice
- Four graduates of powerhouse Oakville minor bantam squad expected to go early in OHL draft
- Music insauga: Joel Martin
- Pickering outfielder drafted by Oakland in fourth round
- Mississauga Steelheads OHL draft position to be determined by lottery
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga