Flooding Possible in Mississauga Due to Excess Rain
The wet and rainy conditions could lead to potential flooring in areas of Mississauga, Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) says.
CVC says that Environment Canada is forecasting 15 to 25 mm of rain tonight and 5 to 10 mm of rain tomorrow, adding that soil conditions are saturated as a result of the 15-25 mm of rain that has been received yesterday.
"Flooding along the Credit River and its major tributaries may occur in low-lying areas if the upper limits of the forecasted precipitation happen," CVC said in a news release.
"As a result, local streams, rivers, and shorelines could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams. Children should be warned to stay away from all watercourses."
CVC says it will continue to closely monitor weather and water levels in the watershed.
The Watershed Conditions Statement for Flood Outlook will be in effect through Saturday Nov. 3, 2018, or until further notice.
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga