Flood warning is currently in effect for Mississauga
A flood outlook has been issued by Credit Valley Conservation, citing potentially dangerous thunderstorms that may produce strong wind gusts, large hail, and torrential rain.
While flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries are not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of small headwater and urban areas.
“Some watersheds may respond with higher flows and water levels. As a result, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams,” says Credit Valley Conservation.
Residents, particularly children, are advised to stay away from all watercourses.
Credit Valley Conservation says it will continue to closely monitor weather and water levels.
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga