Flood warning in effect in Mississauga
Residents of Mississauga are being warned of the possibility of severe thunderstorms, which could lead to flooding.
According to a report from Credit Valley Conservation, the current hot temperatures will break tonight with the passage of a cold front which could result in severe thunderstorms throughout the night.
While flooding along the Credit River is not expected, heavy rain associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of highly urbanized areas.
Additionally, streams, rivers, and shorelines could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams--residents are advised to stay away from all watercourses and shorelines, especially children and pets.
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- This popular all-day breakfast and lunch spot is coming to Brampton