Flood warning in effect in Mississauga
Residents of Mississauga are being warned of the possibility of severe thunderstorms, which could lead to flooding.
According to a report from Credit Valley Conservation, the current hot temperatures will break tonight with the passage of a cold front which could result in severe thunderstorms throughout the night.
While flooding along the Credit River is not expected, heavy rain associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of highly urbanized areas.
Additionally, streams, rivers, and shorelines could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams--residents are advised to stay away from all watercourses and shorelines, especially children and pets.
- Startling study shows people ignore COVID symptoms and continue to work in Mississauga and Brampton
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Furry fear-mongering: Coexisting with coyotes (and other wildlife)
- COVID-19 cases in Peel Region continue to fall
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021