Flood warning in effect in Mississauga
Residents of Mississauga are being warned of the possibility of severe thunderstorms, which could lead to flooding.
According to a report from Credit Valley Conservation, the current hot temperatures will break tonight with the passage of a cold front which could result in severe thunderstorms throughout the night.
While flooding along the Credit River is not expected, heavy rain associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of highly urbanized areas.
Additionally, streams, rivers, and shorelines could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams--residents are advised to stay away from all watercourses and shorelines, especially children and pets.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant